- Magnetic – Does the coin stick to a magnet?
- Diamagnetic – Does the coin exhibit diamagnetic properties? (A distinct drag when exposed to a powerful, moving magnetic field.)
- Ring – When struck, what is the pitch of the sound it produces compared to a genuine coin?
- Weight – In grams.
- Diameter – In millimeters.
- Thickness – In millimeters.
Counterfeit Slab Fields
- Slab Type – Which Third Party Grading Service does this slab mimic?
- Cert # – What certification number is listed? Click it to go right to the TPG’s verification lookup.
- Fake’s ID – What is The Black Cabinet ID of the coin in the holder, if known.
- Date Attributed – When was this variety first discovered?
- Identifier – What person or group first discovered it?
- ID Number – The Black Cabinet’s variety ID.
- Population – The number of specimens in The Black Cabinet’s stacks. If in parentheses, indicates the number of examples held in private collectors’ holdings. Can list both.
- Counterfeit – A copy of a genuine coin, manufactured to pass as real.
- Altered Coin – A genuine coin altered in some manner to make it more desirable.
- Counterfeit Slab – A forged certification holder (“slab”) that may or may not have a genuine coin in it.
- Counterfeit in Genuine Slab – A counterfeit in a genuine certification holder, either mistakenly certified as genuine or tampered with.
- Sandwich Coin – A type of Altered Coin where two genuine coins combined to match dates with mint marks or other features.